Sunday, April 1, 2007

Hanging with the Hubby

We are trying to kick back and recover this evening from the non-stop weekend we've had. Each of the events we chose to participate in was worthwhile, there were just too darned many of them in too short of a time period for us to enjoy the weekend as a whole. We've vowed to reserve much more downtime in the coming weekends.

Just this evening I started coming down with my fourth respiratory infection in three months--I thought I had broken the cycle, but I guess I caught the virus from my drippy-nosed son. He's very sweet, but a bastion of germs, to be sure. I guess I've been shortchanging my already overtaxed immune system by denying myself adequate rest.

I intended to work out this evening, but the headache, sore throat, fever, fatigue are getting the best of me tonight. We climbed in bed to watch "Lost" on the DVR, hubby brought me a mug of raspberry tea and a Reese's peanut butter egg. Mmmm.

Now I'm listening to my weekly conference call for work --I'm a part-time financial coach (and a part-time stay at home mom--hey--I could use a weekly motivational conference call for that job too)--while making this entry, so I'm multi-tasking, and who doesn't these days? In fact our bible study topic tonight was ironically called "Routine Panic." It was about living our lives at too hectic of a pace, which certainly characterized this weekend, if not the last ten days in our household!

The conference call is a good one tonight, but if it doesn't end soon, hubby may sleep instead of resuming "Lost" with me. OK--it's over now. TV time. That's it for tonight.

3 comments:

Lacy said...

Your comment on my blog brought me to tears. Thanks for sharing and encouraging me today. Times when I feel too weak to pray or can't think of the words to pray I know there are "strangers" thinking and praying for us. God bless you!

Joy said...

Hey Bethany, I've enjoyed your visits and sweet comments at my blog. I came to say hello. Didn't know if you were getting the blogging bug again.
I'd love to read what you have to say. I bet you have lots to share in the part-time financial coaching field. Especially in these challenging times.
I like to post some frugal things to in my Blurb from the Burb post. I've got one to post probably next week.

Thank you for commenting and I look forward to seeing you again.

Joy

Never forgetting Gregory said...

Hi Bethany. Of course you can follow my blog. I don't know what I would do without all the prayers and well wishes from people who read the blog. And I follow so many blogs and try to offer comfort to suffering mommies. That post was not directed toward supportive people like you! Your son is beautiful, by the way!