Monday, January 19, 2009

Not Me Monday--My First Attempt!


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to my charming kids to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.



Thanks to the utterly fabulous MckMama for all the laughs and the freedom to just be ourselves to celebrate the start of a new week.

I did NOT restart my blog on a Monday after nearly 2 years of bloggity silence JUST so I would be able to participate in this therapeutic Not Me Monday after a few weeks of jealously sitting on the sidelines. Nope—Not Me!

I certainly did NOT wait until just 4 days before my son’s birthday party to actually invite any of our friends after having scheduled the storyteller a full 11 months earlier, and our son’s favorite restaurant over a month ago. No, NOT me! And it was certainly not a desperate emailed invitation after finally giving up on the hand-stamped pirate invitations I had planned. I certainly did NOT buy the still unused, adorable pirate stamp set at least 2 years ago for the purpose of making the invitations that never materialized. Oh, and this was most definitely NOT the second year in a row that I sent such a desperate, last-minute, emailed invitation for my only child’s birthday party. NOT me! I, being such a wonderful, caring Mama would never, ever do that!

I absolutely did NOT experience an actual blog-reading injury while lying in bed this last week when the laptop slid from the breast shelf, on which it was perched (before I decided to raise my legs to stretch my back) to crash into my bottom lip causing swelling and pain on said lip that did NOT last a day. Oh, and this injury that didn’t happen did NOT cause me to immediately vow to start blogging again on the following Monday (today) just so I could post about how it didn’t happen.

I did NOT forget and miss the day I was assigned to make dinner and take it over to a friend who just had her 4th child in 5 years, leaving them to wonder if dinner would ever appear, and eventually scrounge something up on their own. I am certainly too conscientious of a friend to do that!

Finally, I most certainly did NOT type this post still in my red snowflake pajamas at 1:44 in the afternoon, while having a lunch of stale coffee that has been by my bedside for 5 hours, and the remnants of the Frito bag, which I certainly did NOT just tip and pour into my mouth! Oops...my son did NOT just find the empty bag and call me out on finishing it! Good thing he didn't witness the method that I would NOT want him to imitate!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is too hilarious about the "blogging injury!" I know that would never happen to me! lol
Thanks for a great laugh.

melanie said...

Oh, that's great. BTDT with party invitations ... sigh ... I'm the queen of buying the perfect invitation way too early because it was so perfect and then losing it before the party.

I'm totally giggling at the blogging injury!

Joy said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad you let me know your up and running. I love the background. Looks warm and inviting.
These "Not Me's" are so funny. I hope your lip is healing after your blogging injury. That cracked me up. I agree blogging can be dangerous. I finally self-diagnosed myself a couple of weeks ago that I have "blogger diplaced jaw" I was spending so much time reading blogs with my chin resting in my hand. I was pushing my jaw sideways. I couldn't figure out why my jaw hurt. Then it finally dawned on me the next day when I sat down to read. duh!

I bet the pirate birthday party turned out just fine. Maybe you can make cute thankyou notes with your pirate stamps.
I'm going to a stampin up class tomorrow. I go every month and make cards. I love it.

I look forward to more post.

Joy